Any individual entering the CRC is required to complete the CRC COVID-19 Screener regardless of any other on campus screening.
Research Update 11/16/2020:
A temporary hold has been placed on providing services to any non-therapeutic human subjects research from 11/16/2020 – 12/04/2020. The Clinical Research Center (CRC) will continue to support studies that are therapeutic and part of patient care as well as studies related to COVID-19. As we continue to receive further guidance from campus, the city of Chicago, and IDPH we will revise this timeline as appropriate. CRC will continue to communicate updates with PIs.
The Clinical Research Center (CRC) provides the UIC research community with a core of clinical research professionals. These individuals possess specialized training to provide a full array of clinical research services including, but not limited to: initial planning and logistics for a protocol, source document creation, data collection, performing testing or procedures required within a protocol, guidance regarding protection of research subjects, orientation of other professionals to clinical research facilitation, and education of subjects regarding clinical research.
The CRC nursing staff is comprised of registered nurses and advanced practice nurses with expert clinical knowledge and skills in vast areas of clinical practice. CRC clinical research coordinators also provide hands on clinical and laboratory support.
CRC Splash Points
INTEGRATED approach for reviewing and monitoring clinical protocols
SAFE and enjoyable experience for study volunteers
Services by Project Stage
Project Planning & Design
- Letter of Support
- Service Quote
- Administration of questionnaires/surveys
- Allergy skin testing
- Bioimpedance analysis
- Collection of urine/other biological fluids over specified time periods
- Euglycemic Clamps
- Fast-Sampling IV Glucose Tolerance Tests
- Insulin Clamps
- Intravenous Glucose Tolerance Tests
- Investigational drug infusions
- IV catheter insertion
- Measurement of vital signs
- Medication compliance assessment
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Tests
- Orthostatic blood pressures
- Point-of-Care Testing: blood glucose, hemoglobin, urine pregnancy, drug screen & dipstick
- Specimen processing and shipping
- Subcutaneous fat biopsy (by APN)
- Temporary sample storage
- Timed pharmacokinetic studies
For methods section review and subsequent grant/project planning