CitE & SUBMit Heading link
Publications supported by UIC CCTS must cite the CTSA Grant number UL1TR002003 and, by law, be submitted to PubMed Central. For instructions, review the NIH Public Access Policy.
When to Cite UIC CCTS Heading link
Following are guidelines to help you determine when to cite the NIH-funded UIC CCTS grant number in your publications, presentations, grants, or other research products.
You should cite UIC CCTS if
You received services for your research project- including free or subsidized services- such as:
- Pilot Awards
- Education and training programs (i.e. KL2 Scholars, RC+ participants)
- Consultations or support services greater than 30 minutes from any CCTS service
- Access to biomedical informatics tools (REDCap, QUICKSet, Clinical Research Data Warehouse (CRDW))
- Use of the Clinical Research Center
You can CHOOSE to cite UIC CCTS if
You received infrastructure support for your research project
- Coordination and support from UIC CCTS faculty or staff (i.e., organizing meetings, project facilitation & planning)
- Other technical assistance for only one aspect of the research that planted an important role, such as help with an IRB application
Cite the CTSA Heading link
Cite NIH funding in manuscripts, press releases and other communication forums.
All publications, press releases, or other documents that result from the utilization of any UIC CCTS resource are required to credit the CTSA grant and comply with NIH Public Access Policy (submission to PubMed Central). Provided below is recommended language for use in the acknowledgements or grant support section of your manuscripts based on the type of support/funding you received.
CCTS-Supported Researchers and Pilot Grant Awardees
“The project described was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institutes of Health, through Grant Award Number UL1TR002003. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.”
K12 Scholars (KL2)
“The project described was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health, through Grant KL2TR002002. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.”
To acknowledge CCTS support of a Manuscript
“We acknowledge the editorial assistance of the University of Illinois Chicago Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS), which is supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institutes of Health, through Grant Award Number UL1TR002003.”