Research Specialist, UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science
The CCTS Research Specialist supports multiple research projects focused on the integration and utilization of systems and applications within clinical and community based research interventions.
- Contributes to the conceptualization, design, development and delivery of clinical and translational research projects, addressing all areas of clinical and translational science for CCTS.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
- Consults with CCTS Core Leadership and with research and clinical faculty (primarily in the health science colleges) on research study design; system and application design for collection, management, analysis and/or visualization of research data; natural language data processing and mining; statistical analysis and summarize results for presentations, manuscripts, and grant proposals. Recommend and/or develop alternative approaches for identifying elements from data and consulting on approaches for data collection, access, management, processing, aggregation, and analysis.
- Prepare material and assist in writing of clinical research findings for manuscript and grant submission. Design tabular and graphical presentations depicting results of analyses and hypothesis testing. Inform and explain research results to investigators, review draft manuscripts, and verify correctness of results and statistical sections of manuscripts and grant proposals prior to submission for publication or funding.
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Experience in the following is strongly preferred:
- C# / Visual Studio / Java
- SQL (preferably with MS SQL Server)
- Linux/Windows Server
For fullest consideration, please submit CV with completed application to the UIC Job Board by September 21st, 2021. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899