Best Practice Hour Seminars
Series Description Heading link
Co-sponsored by the UI Cancer Center, the focus of this seminar series is to provide professional development opportunities for UIC clinical research staff as they relate to their unique roles in translational science.
Topics span the translational research spectrum, from human subjects protections and IRB procedures to data management and research dissemination. Through this seminar series, we hope to foster a supportive community of research professionals that can learn and benefit from one another’s expertise.
Seminars are held from 12:00 – 1:00pm on the 3rd Tuesday of the month; location may vary.
Attendance of a talk addressing each of these (8) competencies* is a requirement of the RC+ Certificate Program
- Scientific Concepts and Research Design
- Ethical and Participant Safety Considerations
- Medicines Development and Regulation
- Clinical Trials Operations
- Study and Site Management
- Data Management and Informatics
- Leadership and Professionalism
- Communication and Teamwork
* The 8 core competencies as outlined in the Joint Task Force for Clinical Trial Competency