Establishing Your REDCap Account
Instructions Heading link
LIMITED ACCESS ACCOUNTS
Limited-access users can contribute to REDCap projects but cannot create new projects. To request a new limited-access account for yourself or someone else, submit a REDCap support request.
Please note that all limited-access users must be sponsored by a full-access user.
FULL ACCESS ACCOUNTS
Establishing a full access REDCap account is a two-step process.
Part 1: Submitting the account creation request
- Register as a new CCTS user through the Online Service Request System
- From your CCTS account homepage, click on the “New Project Service Request” link in the upper right corner
- Click “REDCap Account Setup Only”
- Enter the project name and any relevant comments
- On the submission review screen, click “Proceed” to submit your request.
Part 2: Generating your REDCap login information
- Your request will be forwarded to a REDCap administrator who will contact you with your REDCap username and password.
- A CCTS representative will also provide information on additional training tools.
- IMPORTANT: The REDCap project owner will still need to add you as a new user in order for you to access ongoing surveys or databases.
REMINDER! If you are collecting data for the purposes of human subjects research, review and approval of the project is required by your Institutional Review Board.