Insight Into Innovation: Women in STEM Leadership Conference
Friday, October 27, 2017, 9:00am-5:00pm
Harper Court Conference Center, Room 1121, 1525 E 53rd Street, Chicago, IL
Join female faculty, postdoctoral scholars, PhD students and master students of diverse scientific backgrounds for a chance to grow personally and professionally. The Insight to Innovation Conference will include keynote addresses from inspirational speakers, tactical skill-building workshops, and opportunities to meet other leaders in STEM. Female scientists interested in exploring innovation opportunities for their research are encouraged to apply for this free, National Science Foundation (NSF)-sponsored event. Learn more.
- Keynote: Heather Mason, MBA ‘86, Executive Vice President, Abbott Nutritional Products
- Workshop: How to Pitch Your Idea/How to Talk About Science with Non-scientific Audiences
- Additional workshops and speakers
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Learn how to commercialize your work
- Network with colleagues from different institutions
- Gain inspiration from the stories and experiences of others
- Practice skills that will help you throughout your career
- Participate in an event funded by the NSF and learn about other funding opportunities
Secure your spot by submitting a short application at http://bit.ly/2ueNKSE.
Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
This event is brought to you by the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation thanks to a grant from the NSF. It’s supported by a partner of the Polsky Center, the Institute for Translational Medicine (ITM), a partnership between the University of Chicago and Rush in collaboration with several health and research institutions.