Research Participant Recruitment Services
The CCTS can help achieve your research volunteer recruitment goals. The following services can help with recruitment strategies- including best practices for , linking with community groups, and identifying cohorts within the UI Health system through Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Investigators can also recruit through ResearchMatch, which interfaces with ClinicalTrials.gov.
Recruitment and Retention Consultation
Community Engagement Consultation
Clinical Research Data Warehouse
ResearchMatch: An Online Platform for Research Volunteers
ResearchMatch.org, an NIH Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) initiative, is an online registry that connects people interested in volunteering for clinical trials with investigators looking for research participants. ResearchMatch (RM) has a simple goal – to bring together two groups of people who are looking for one another: (1) people who are trying to find research studies, and (2) researchers who are looking for people to participate in their studies. It is a free and secure registry that has been developed by major academic institutions across the country who want to involve you in the mission of helping today’s studies make a real difference for everyone’s health in the future.
- Disease-neutral registry that includes healthy volunteers
- 111 institutions and 41 partners increase access to a wide variety of research participants
- Exclusive access- only RM institutions have access to registry volunteers
- Condition Connections- such as anxiety and depression, autism and IBD- create subregistries for more precise matches
- Interfaces with ClinicalTrials.gov to increase recruitment potential
- Pre-screening capabilities with IRB-approved REDCap survey
What does the researcher have to do to use the registry?
Anyone from UIC can browse the website and complete a feasibility assessment. This helps a study team determine if RM has sufficient numbers of the type of potential volunteer sought. Before getting started, you should review the Researcher FAQs developed by the RM team.
How does the research team learn how to use ResearchMatch?
- RM's Researcher Video Tutorials: Accessible from your account dashboard
- CCTS’s ResearchMatch User Guide
- Contact a CCTS regulatory specialist for assistance with the IRB approval, or contact a recruitment specialist to find out how to best utilize the tool to increase volunteer numbers.
What should I include in my grant application if I intend to use the registry?
The following should be added to your IRB submission in order to use ResearchMatch:
ResearchMatch.org will be used as one of the recruitment tools for this research study/protocol. ResearchMatch Volunteers will be contacted through ResearchMatch.org. Included with this submission is a study recruitment message that will be sent to potential study volunteers.
Additional template language is available in the ResearchMatch User Guide.