Community Engagement Education & Training Resources
The Community Engagement Program offers periodic in-person and web-based training for principal investigators and staff on various topics related to recruitment and retention, cultural competency, community engaged research, and research with underserved populations.
- Culturally Tailored and Targeted Materials
- Developing Community Partnerships in Community Engaged Research
- Culturally Sensitive Assessment Measures
- Multicultural Proficiency in Psychological Research
- Community Health Worker Training Program: A new initiative to offer basic training to community health workers on how to engage key community stakeholders and organizations in clinical research with a focus on special populations of LGBT, older adults, youth, African Americans and Latino communities.
- Community Advisory Board Training Program
Community Involvement in Research Training (CIRTification)
The CCTS also offers CIRTification, a human research protections training program for community partners that can serve as an alternative to CITI training. Resources are available below for free download.
Community Engagement Advisory Board Training
The purpose of this presentation is to describe the formation, operation, and evaluation of a community engagement advisory board that serves as a resource for individuals conducting community focused health research. Email Lauren Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org for a PowerPoint version of this presentation.